With exhibition space filling up quickly and lots of outdoor activities being added to the programme, the inaugural Mega-T Expo looks set to delight and excite both exhibitors and visitors to the show. The trailer, trucking and transport focused expo makes its début on 6 and 7 October 2022 at the Diamantvallei Landgoed showgrounds, 20km east of Pretoria. It is being hosted by the KragDag organisers and powered by the Road Freight Association (RFA).
Solutions on show
Created to showcase the latest innovations and solutions for the trailer, trucking and transport industries, the exhibition will feature products and services covering trucks, trailers, vehicle tracking, tyres, security, parts, maintenance, finance, insurance, navigation systems, fleet management, branding, media and refuelling systems.
Show organiser HP Steyn of KragDag says that the industry support for the event has been excellent and continues to grow. “It’s very encouraging to see the quality of exhibitor signing on, as well as the diversity of offerings that will be on show”.
RFA Chief Executive Officer Gavin Kelly echoed Steyn’s sentiments, adding: “Transport operators are under constant pressure to increase their efficiencies, drive operating costs down, streamline their operations and explore new technologies that will assist them to gain a competitive edge. The Mega-T Expo offers an excellent platform for exploring solutions.”
A number of demonstrations, launches and activations are scheduled over the two-day event, including:
- Truck driver training: Africa’s biggest driver training centre, Innovative Learning Solutions (ILS), will have a team of their top instructors on site for the duration of the event, giving truck driving demonstrations.
- Ex Gladiator, celebrity, actor and comedian Garth Collins will be on site on 7 October from 10h00 to 15h00. Together with the SA Strongman Union, Garth will wow the crowds with their incredible feats ofbalance, agility and strength.
- Show visitors will have the opportunity to enjoy helicopter flips in a JetRanger, courtesy of leading independent and Helicopter air ambulance provider Rocket HEMS. Tickets for this experience cost R250 per person.
- Rocket HEMS will also be giving demonstrations about their emergency app, which facilitates instant emergency assistance.
- Renowned rock band Clint & Co will be on stage on Friday 7 October, from 14h00. Their Creedence Clearwater Revival tribute show packs Barnyard theatres countrywide. Known for his big rock voice and his even bigger onstage persona, Clint and his fabulous band are guaranteed to rock your socks off.
- Big Rigs will be on show. These are not your average commercial trucks. They’re giant, chrome-clad spectacles that make anyone who passes stop and stare!
Sponsors of this year’s Mega-T Expo include the RFA, PRBB (beer garden sponsor), Ever Star Industries (expo bag sponsor) and BBD Women in Steel.
Tickets are available online at 50% discount! Children under 18 FREE! The price for adults is R100 at the gate or R50 online. For more information on the show, visit www.mega-t-.co.za
RFA members who register online to attend before 6 October, will attend at no cost. RFA members can register to attend at no cost at www.rfa.co.za
The post Lots to see, learn and do at Mega-T – trailer, transport and trucking expo appeared first on Truck and Freight Information Online.